working usa software

5991 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-21 16:17:54

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-20 09:16:41
     ede65
    2015-07-20 08:59:49
     this are the software I have found to be the best working software versions for usa market.

Gm  version 5.10. the best so far.   gm release 5.0 was defective which makes me believe it all started from that version onward although 5.10 is as Om tool as can be (tech2,gds2) as well as the  previous one before 5.0. I don't have any versions prior to 5.0 but I believe the closest one to it will be the best version to use. so good they got sued.

ford version 4.12 is the best one I have found so far. the programming option is not available on this one but don't let that fool you, that is just a shortcut of the special functions. this version is as close as (ford ids) as it can be, the reason many bought this tools and also the main reason for such lawsuit, yes that good.

chrysler version 4.0 is the closest one to drb3 and witech as it can be. anything after that is bullshit. 

toyota/lexus/scion version 2.20, although not as developed as the new releases it works excellent just like the techstream only much faster.

Honda/acura 3.20 and previous one are the best. all functions just like( honda hds.0 although i think version 3.0 maybe the best one. all new versions claim to have added and fixed issues. maybe theirs not ours.

nissan/infinity version 2.20 is the best version. although not as developed as the new ones immobilizer works here, and everything else just like the nissan consult3 and consult3 plus.

hyundai/kia version 2.01 is the best version compared to hyundai/kia original software (gds) diagnostic.

mazda version 3.0,4.0 is the closest to( mazda ids) as it can be, ford ids sister software except it uses a pincode for pats. a function hardly found no a days, also on ford new software.

mitsubishi,isuzu,suzuki. they all sucks i don't care which one. but I will use version 2.10 on mitsubishi, 1.02 on isuzu and 1.02.

subaru version 1.50 is the best one although this make was never developed as much either.

German cars latest software maybe be the best ones , at least the most developed ones as i have noticed, maybe not affected yet or bosh has no issues with autel. as far as other europe vehicles, I don't know, I do not work on them much. 

I will not be sharing any software with anyone so, please don't ask. this is the property of autel and not mine to distribute, nor will I want be liable to any lawsuits. who ever wants  and choose  to share such software try doing it thru emails at your own risk. autel removed them for a reason and I don't think it should be discussed here on an open forum either. I offered to help a member with his computer not software in case anyone is wondering. 

don't believe any of that bullshit pedro is spreading around. he must be reading some shit on the internet. sure as hell is not the reality of this tool and forum

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-20 09:41:54 (Reply to:ede65)

If  someone were to buy a new in box Maxi Sys  or DS708 , decide not to register and update it in order  to retain what  immobilizer functionality older software functions had, what is  the software level that is pre-installed on these tools when you open the box ? Does it vary widely by production date? Would software  likely be one year old software for the car makes if the tool was  built last year, or is the pre-installed software usually the same across the board at the very earliest level of the tool's introduction and absolutely require  updating?

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-07-20 10:00:28 (Reply to:ede65)

Thanks for the update on which version is the best.  You take a lot of time to work through the software and find what is best.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-07-20 10:02:19 (Reply to:witsend)

I believe that each scanner has the latest software loaded when it was manufactured.  For example, if the scanner was made Jan, 2015 it will have the latest data at that time.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-20 10:19:32 (Reply to:witsend)
      I have not bought one recently, I don't know what version they come with. I will assume they will have the new ones already altered so they can cover their ass but don't know for sure. but it does not matter you can always install old versions, unless they already disable that option/possibility.  another reason i advised a few members before not to post this info on the forum as they, autel will be forced to take measurements. at this point I don't know what the future of this tool will be but I think it will not be any good. the only reason people bought this tool is was because of the original functions capabilities not this bullshit they releasing now, at least for us in usa.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-20 10:30:30 (Reply to:Dave08902)

I'm  thinking then,  that these things at build date may have  had software that was relatively current (but non-downgraded software )installed on them . Maybe if you know someone that wants a maxi sys  with some immobilizer functionality  of earlier software versions, then just don't register it and  leave the coverage as it comes  with. You would have to act fast and get a dealer to look and tell you the build date of the unit , to see if software likely be too old , too new (downgraded) , before  a mandatory software downgrade  recall is performed to all the unsold units .
      What scares me is  , all the expired units that still have OE capabilities and internet connection all day long , the downgrading could occur remotely and gradually  on our tools without our knowledge occurring and you would just find more listed OE security key programming functions  quit working.
       I'm thinking if  Autel loses in court  Launch and other make aftermarket scanner companies  will get scared lose what OE immobilizer key programming they offer too in the near  future.too  If it wasn't for Autel  Shaking up the industry , I doubt that Strap On software coverage would have evolved as much . Kinda like how HardlyDavidrizinSun  got scared out of the StoveHead era and evolved into a better product.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-20 11:34:57 (Reply to:ede65)

Cant speak on the domestic stuff that much, but so far so good with Jaguar, Land Rover..BMW software seems to work ok...I haven't scanned a Audi in a while...The Merc issue with service reset I haven't seen a fix for it but someone sent me a previous software version so I deleted the latest Merc software. Did three BMW'S Saturday, and Tahoe... but I swapped to the Launch just to compare...they accessed same subsystems, and both came up with same codes...both identified the modules and read same PIDS..I am hoping I get  DODGE... I will keep everyone posted as I compare... I have BMW ISTA,GT1 ,INPA, OEM.. and JAGUAR DREWTECH JLR MONGOOSE for Jaguar and Rover. I use Ross Tech for Audi.. and older P38 Chassis I use RWS software. Autel needs to use these platforms as a canon to build,(not copy) the oem....I hope this shit gets fixed fast.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-07-20 11:53:40

Awesome, will try to get my tool close to these versions.

VAG (VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda) got a few important fixes as of late, but if anything else been cut out or is destroyed in the process, I have not found out yet.

Renault and other French cars; the code reading and live data was only recently fixed, so a bit older versions won't help you there. If I have the change to check even older editions I will and let you know.

Benz. Really hope they will have the support of the previous version back, together with the updates of the last. If so, you have a relative good one and you may want to stick to it for some time to cut out any risk. Still missing some important basics but I still need to check or older versions were any better on those functions.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-20 12:58:28 (Reply to:912guy)
       yes german vehicles  and some other euros seem to be doing fine for the most part. I don't talk much about them as i don't work on this vehicles much and could very easily mislead others. some extensive testing will be needed by someone very capable on this brands/makes. but regardless keep lots of backups just in case. also coding is a different thing, that am afraid to do on this vehicles, already seen some damages, and probably one of the reasons for autel's latest announcement.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-20 15:32:57 (Reply to:ede65)

I agree, guys who do domestic need to attack this heads on and run multiple tests...I code,encode,program,reset and almost anything needed on some Euros...I hate that Jaguar wont allow full dealership coverage on some subs due to conflict of interest..If someone uses sdd 131 they would have full access to all modules .I use sdd 139 which will allow engine and tranny  only.I truly think Autel is lost and in order for it to be fixed we(techs) will have to educate them.So I hope you guys that work on FORD,GM,DODGE will accept this because it wont ever get right until someone leads them to the promise land lol....if they do not accept our help then as my father once said,"A hard head makes a soft ass" it will only harm them in the worst way..

Gives me a headache like a BMW N63 engine bi turbo with reverse flow and turbos that rest between the heads onto the plenum with the exhaust manifold...Its a straight forward job,but DAMN LOTS OF WORK!!!LOL
  Total2 Pages